June 1 Iftar Dinner
Kindness and hospitality! The Syrian and Iraqi women who have been attending our ESL classes asked us if they could provide all the food for an Iftar (breaking the fast) for us! They are well into their fasting month of Ramadan and want to share this time with us. Friday, June 1st is the date we have settled on with them.
We will begin picking people up at 7:30 p.m., arrive at Brooks and Clara's place at around 8:00 p.m., and they will break the fast and pray at 8:30 p.m.
Please use the sign-up form below to let us know if you can come, and whether you can be a driver that night. So far we know of 20 Syrians and Iraqis coming. PLEASE SIGN UP NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY EVENING. Thank you!
Also, it is baby Ali's birthday that same day! Maryam may be bringing a cake, but please feel free to bring a dessert or a bottle of soda to add to the festivities. If you would like to bring a small gift for baby Ali, that would be ok too. He will be one year old.
Let's remember to pray for this time with our dear friends!
- Friday, June 1st, 8:00 p.m.
- Brooks and Clara Willets' home
- 1522 Hagood Ave., Columbia, SC 29205
- International potluck dinner
Some prayer requests:
- For Brooks and Clara as they open their home
- For safety in driving and kids' playing
- For fun and also deep conversations
- For everyone to feel honored and appreciated
- For the Lord to open doors for His Word